Cooperation Eval: Practical #6

 Cooperation Evaluation 

Practical #6


We were in groups of three and took on different roles: evaluator, note taker and user(tester). We all had the same task of recreating a diagram but had to do it in different programs: mural, powerpoint and slides.

-coffee, felt bad about going with the easiest route and not including the cultural differences


Reflection:

I enjoyed this task. I wasn't keen on being the evaluator first but I learned a lot from my mistakes and from watching the others. Asking the questions along the way is difficult at times. It's hard interrupting others. I really enjoyed being the user and expressing the negatives or positives about the process. I also really enjoyed taking notes. I liked the time stamp and incident report template given. It was really useful when filling in the evaluation report so I can find the screenshots faster and I could match and map out my incident logs. 

How to get correct timestamp?

    - Recording time

How can we balance note taking and prompting tester?

    - Take time stamps with brief note to trigger memory

How in-depth should my notes be?

    - It's a judgement call. Usually you will have more time than an hour. You can usually have more time after the test to add onto your notes. 

   How can we put tester at ease?

    -Even if reassured you aren't being tested and given offers for help it's hard not to feel dumb as a user. If you aren't present and the user is more at ease you don't have the opportunity to ask questions in the moment that will be a lot more honest and real. 

In the report is there a portion where we can add positive constructive criticism?

    -Balancing the positives and negatives when reporting back to the team is important. You can add in the praise in a new section on the evaluation sheet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slow Computing, Digital Civics and Portfolio Project

* Research: Different Analysis

Week 2: Lecture 4 Ideation, Co-creation and concept sketching